We are proud to present another new and exciting webinar on Friday 16 July 2021, as detailed below, which is quite different from but compliments the 4th Green Hydrogen Webinar already announced for Thursday 29 July 2021.
Please share this invitation with your colleagues, friends and all interested persons – all are welcome!
Positioning South Africa for the Green Economy – Execution Strategies
in association with the MEC for Economic Development – Gauteng, to which you are cordially invited to attend and participate.
DATE: Friday 16 July 2021
TIME: 13h00 to 16h00 SAST (GMT+2)
PLATFORM: Zoom Webinar
COST: No cost, free-of-charge, all welcome
The green hydrogen economy offers South Africa a significant advantage in utilising its natural resources to help re-industrialise its economy, underpinned by various policies and initiatives, many of which are spearheaded by the dtic.
This webinar will discuss real developments on the ground taking place now in South Africa that take advantage of these nascent opportunities presented by the green hydrogen sector.
The webinar will showcase a metal beneficiation project that will manufacture high-tech platinum group metal (PGM)-based components for fuel cells and electrolysers that underpin the green hydrogen industry.
The start of the construction process for the Isondo Precious Metals facility at the OR Tambo Special Economic Zone (SEZ) represents the first manifestation of intent in this sector.
Supported by the dtic, this will help position world-class manufacturing facilities and processes in South Africa, thereby allowing the country to beneficiate its precious metals into the required products for the global green hydrogen sector.
The presenters include:
· Hon. Fikile Majola, Deputy Minister of Trade, Industry and Competition (the dtic), South Africa.
· Mr. Parks Tau, Member of the Executive Council (MEC) responsible for Economic Development, Provincial Government of Gauteng, South Africa.
· Prof. Katsuhiko Hirose, former Professional Partner leading fuel cell and hydrogen strategy at Toyota; Founder, CEO and Chief Consultant, HyWealth Co; Board Member, Isondo Precious Metals; Independent Consultant for several global companies, including Toyota Motor Corporation.
· Mr. Vinay Somera, Founder and CEO, Isondo Precious Metals; former Implats Group Executive: Market Development and Strategy.
· Mr. Kevin Fothergill, CEO, EnAcumen; Co-founder and Chairman, UK Hydrogen Hub; Technical Consultant to Isondo Precious Metals; former Commercial Director, Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells.
· Mr. Marius Brand, Executive Vice President, Sasol 2.0 Transformation.
· Dr. Sanjiv Malhotra, Inaugural Director of the Clean Energy Investor Centre, U.S. Department of Energy, as part of Obama Administration’s Clean Energy Investment Initiative; Founder and CEO, Sparkz; Founder and Managing Partner, PLUS Initiative, an early-stage venture capital fund focusing on energy, mobility, sustainable cities and smart mining.
· Dr. Khotso Mokhele, Chairman, AECI; Lead Independent Director, MTN; Board Member, Isondo Precious Metals; Non-executive Director, Hans Merensky Holdings; former Chairman of Implats Group as well as Tiger Brands, Arcelor Mittal and Adcock Ingram; former Chancellor, University of the Free State.
13h00 – 13h05: Welcome by Mr. Chris Yelland
13h05 – 13h20: Welcome remarks by Mr. Parks Tau
13h20 – 13h40: Keynote address by Hon. Fikile Majola
13h40 – 14h00: Presentation by Prof. Katsuhiko Hirose
14h00 – 14h50: Joint presentation by Mr. Vinay Somera and Mr. Kevin Fothergill
14h50 – 14h55: Comfort break
14h55 – 15h10: Presentation by Mr. Marius Brand
15h10 – 15h25: Presentation by Dr. Sanjiv Malhotra
15h25 – 15h50: Q & A session facilitated by Mr. Chris Yelland
15h50 – 16h00: Close by Dr. Khotso Mokhele
We look forward to seeing you at the webinar!
EE Business Intelligence (Pty) Ltd
41A Waterfall Avenue, Craighall, 2196, Johannesburg
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you may not disseminate, copy or take any action based on the contents thereof; and are kindly requested to inform the sender immediately. Any views expressed in these messages are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the view of the Retail Motor Industry Organisation. While every care has been taken in preparing this document, no representation, warranty or undertaking (expressed or implied) is given, and neither responsibility nor liability is accepted by any member of the Retail Motor Industry Organisation as to the accuracy of the information contained herein, or for any loss arising from reliance on it.