Ninety-five percent of automotive service, heavy-duty/diesel and collision repair businesses agree: The technician shortage is here, and it is severe.
Of course, it is essential to recruit experienced technicians, but to create a long-term competitive advantage, you must supplement your veteran team and bolster your talent pipeline with the next generation of technicians. The answer is a systematic mentoring and/or apprenticeship program. AERA and Mentor Mentee are presenting this webinar to show you how you can implement a mentoring system tailored to your business’ needs, optimizing your ability to implement a successful, repeatable on-the-job training program.
This webinar’s topics will include:
– Assessing Your Team and Putting the Right People in Place
– Setting Expectations for Mentee, Mentor and Manager
– Compensation and Tools: Professional Approach vs. Winging it
– Mentoring Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
– Task Lists: Why Programs Fail Without the Right One
– Tracking Mentee Progress – New Techs Expect Immediate Feedback, but How?
If you’ve ever considered growing your own technicians, this is the RIGHT webinar for you!