We are pleased to announce that the RMI will be presenting an online seminar entitled – Unfair labour practice and unfair discrimination.
· When: Tuesday 30 June 2023
· Time: 10:00 – 12:00
· Cost: See registration form attached
· Platform: Microsoft Teams
· Presenters: Janina Kalidass, Ross Simon and Brent Barichievy
Some of the topics of discussion will be:
1. Unfair labour practices: suspension, demotion and promotion
2. Can an employee make a claim of an unfair labour practice against me for disciplinary warnings and suspensions that I have imposed?
3. If I extend the employee’s probation period, can that also be regarded as an unfair labour practice?
4. Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of unfair labour practice against me be as high as 12 months’ remuneration?
5. Unfair discrimination
6. Fair discrimination
7. Unfair conduct by the employer
8. Unfair provision of benefits to employees
You are invited to secure your attendance by completing the registration form below.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to each delegate.
Standard Bank Randburg.
Branch Code : 018005. Account No. : 021670013
Reference for RMI Members:
IR SEMINAR + RS + RMI Member Number
Reference for Non-RMI Members:
IR SEMINAR + RS + Your Organisation’s Name